xsl-list

Re: template matching

2004-02-05 09:42:54

Sorry - I wasn't being very clear. I was suprised to get output
without an <xsl:value-of select="."/>

you have an apply-templates, the default template on a text node copies
the text.

I was expecting the standard default template to be invoked for the
<sub1> <sub2> elements because there is no template provided to match
them.

Yes. This will do nothing on the elements themselves, but recurse on the
contents.

Also of course you are aplying templates to teh white space nodes used
for indentation in the original file so all line breaks and spaces there
will be copied as well.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew