xsl-list

Re: outputting unknown amount of child elements

2004-02-05 05:37:16

Upon reading "apply-templates", the proccessor will pick the appropriate template per node (using the match attribute to determine that); you dont have to do it your self. Text should be outputted per the default behavior (AFAIK) thus:

<xsl:template match="items">
        <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="item">
        Heading <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

David Elsmore wrote:

Given the following consisting of embedded elements with a common name:
<items>
   <item>Level 1
         <item>Level 2
               <item>A</item>
                 <item>B</item>
                       <item>Level 3
               --- etc.----
               </item>
           </item>
      <item>
</items>

How can I process this so all child elements (regardless of the depth) are outputted in a way that mirrors the structure structure of the original document. For example the uoutput may look something like this:
Heading Level 1
   Heading Level 2
      Heading Level  3

I would find this straightforward if there was a fixed number of levels but in this case the amount varies and is unknown.

Thanks for your help

--
Manos Batsis

http://www.netsmart.gr
mailto:mbatsisSPAM_TRAP(_at_)netsmart(_dot_)gr
tel:+302103240940
http://forte.netsmart.gr/foaf/manos_foaf.rdf