xsl-list

AW: how to <xsl:apply-templates /> for ELEMENT nodes only?

2004-03-30 00:48:17
you could just use <xsl:apply-templates match="*">...
but i am not sure if i understand your problem right, i think you need to
provide a bit more information.

best regards
chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Terence Kearns
[mailto:terencek(_at_)isd(_dot_)canberra(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. März 2004 09:04
An: XSL-List
Betreff: [xsl] how to <xsl:apply-templates /> for ELEMENT nodes only?

At the moment, I have

  <!-- lots of imported templates in this XSL file -->
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <head>
     <title>UC Policy Database</title>
     <link rel="StyleSheet" type="text/css"
href="policydb_content.css"/>
    </head>
marginheight="0">
     <xsl:call-template name="header"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="//menu" mode="menu"/>&#xa0;

<xsl:apply-templates />
     <xsl:call-template name="footer"/>
  </xsl:template>

But in order to stop the text node from being spewed out by
default, I
have to explicityly surpress it with
<xsl:template match="//text()" />

While this works, surely there is a more elegant way. The source XML
uses an informal schema designed by someone else which mixes
text with
elements (document centric schema). I'm halfway through overhauling
their XSLT templates and I just want all templates matching
any type of
element to be applied.

--
Terence Kearns