xsl-list

Re: disable-output-escaping

2004-03-26 10:05:34

The usual advice with disable output escaping is not to use it.
Especially in this case.

  I'm trying to avoid to have & as output.
  So I use <xsl:text disable-output-escaping='yes'>&amp;nbsp;</xsl:text> .
  I don't know if it's the right thing to do.

Just use &#160; no need for d-o-e at all.

  I'm trying to avoid to have &amp; as output in my URI(s) (ie:
  http://server/tmp.jsp?a=1&amp;b=2)

Why? The URI just has an & but like all & in HTML or XML this must be
quoted of you put that URI in a document. if you succeed in getting XSLT
not to quote it (which is quite hard as XSLT tries hard to force you to
do the right thing) then you will just have managed to produce a
document that is invalid html or not well formed xhtml.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew

http://www.star.net.uk