xsl-list

Re: Newbie - trying to extract specific values from XML file.

2004-03-19 10:30:04
Hi Jeni,

The key is a very efficient way to get at the <Answer> elements based
on their name. Given that you already have the HTML template written
in a 'pull' way, I think that this approach is going to be easier to
use than a more 'push' method of applying templates to all the
<Answer> elements and just having templates to match them.

Many thanks for that.  It looks like a lot more elegant solution.

Ok, one final question for today.

I want to be able to create a variable (generally boolean), give it a
value at one point in the template and then further down in the
template check the value of the variable and modify the output.

I see that there is an xsl:variable element, but haven't found any
examples of it's use.

Some pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
--