xsl-list

getting rid of doctype declarations

2004-03-19 02:07:29
I need to get rid of a doctype declaration but can't figure out how.

The problem arises because I am importing a stylsheet. The stylesheet
that I am importing has this code:

 <xsl:output method = "xml"
        doctype-system =
"/home/paul/Documents/data/dtds/tei_prose_verse_gen.dtd"
        />

The main stylsheet has this code:

<xsl:output method = "xml"
 encoding = "utf-8"
 omit-xml-declaration = "yes"
        />

When I process the input document, my result document has this doctype:

<!DOCTYPE div SYSTEM "/home/paul/Documents/data/dtds/tei_prose_verse_gen.dtd">

This doctype prohibits me from using the result document in a third
document as an entity. The third document looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 SYSTEM "/home/paul/Documents/data/dtds/tei_prose_verse_gen.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY pig_roast SYSTEM
"/home/paul/Documents/others_writing/ged/randall_pig_roast_chapter.xml">
]

<TEI.2>
 <teiHeader>
  <fileDesc>
   <titleStmt>
       <title ></title>
       <editor>Paul Tremblay</editor>
   </titleStmt>
   <publicationStmt>
    <distributor>none </distributor>
   </publicationStmt>
   <sourceDesc>
   </sourceDesc>
  </fileDesc>
 </teiHeader>
 <text>
      &pig_roast;
 </text>
</TEI.2>

So is there a way to not have a doctype? Or do I have to simply get rid
of the <xsl:output> in the imported stylesheet?

Thanks

Paul