xsl-list

RE: xsl search engine

2004-03-11 00:11:13
Hi,

Ok I understood what I didn't understood before, I'm trying
to make it good
and I write back either the solution I found or maybe other
problems I
encountered
indeed I encountered other problems :
- In the recursive template, there's a problem at the last
loop cause
substring-before the space is empty, but I found a solution

Oh yeah, forgot about that cause I didn't test the code I sent you. Sorry.

- there's also the problem of double matched THEME, because
they have many
correspondings strings in label attribute
- How to highlight the searched string while displaying the
label attribute
of the THEME elements matched.

Do you mean how to highlight the query tokens in the label? Recursive templates
again, though it becomes harder if multiple query token match a single label
and if they overlap.

So I'm working on it (it's about to be over) and come back
in a while...

I originally went this route some time ago. I have since used Jakarta
Lucene to index XML putting content and certain elems/attrs
into fields.
It is very fast to index and search. If you are using java, I would
suggest using lucene. They have some examples of how to do this (it's
not hard).

I second Robert's suggestion—Lucene's a good tool and might make your life a
lot easier in the long run.

Cheers,

Jarno - KiEw: DCDisk (Rotersand vintage rework)