xsl-list

Re: Coding Optimization for big files

2004-03-10 09:30:04

right?

yes of course, Xpaths always work relative to the current node.

Let's focus only on the problem of defining a variable containing
maybe 100MByte of data inside.

As I said in my first reply it's not at all clear that you need to define
those variables.  Either you just want the current node, or you have a
key set up which will get you quickly to where you need to go You
haven't shown any use case that would require a variable.

Of course loading the original data is going to take time/space (and
building the key is going to take some more) but do you really need to
save any variables containg large numbers of nodes?

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew