xsl-list

RE: table-row height attribute

2004-03-09 12:58:37
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Williams

I'm using the table-row height attribute to limit the height os specific
rows.  However, if the text is greater than the height of the row, the row
height adjusts, so that it seems (at least in conjunction with table-rows)
that the height property specifies an "at least", not a fixed height.  Is
this how height was intended.  I'm using FOP to render, so this might be a
FOP problem.

Hi Mark,

Not sure if I understand the 'problem' correctly, but defining a row to be,
say, 10pt in height, and subsequently not making sure the entered text is
10pt max in font-size... (maybe even a bit smaller to make sure) it would
seem like 'asking for trouble' IYKWIM

I'm not really sure what the spec would say, but if it makes sense, this
should be considered an error, and so maybe the only problem would be that
FOP is ignoring it --*if* it turns out to be an error, that is. If the spec
says nothing in particular, then I guess how such situations are dealt with
is totally up to the implementors.

If the problem is something like the one I described above, I can only
suggest to avoid putting too large text inside the table-row..

Cheers,

Andreas