xsl-list

Testing for CDATA

2004-03-08 18:13:14
Hi all,

We are making some changes to our CMS and I am having some difficulty
testing for CDATA sections. In a effort to reduce server load on very large
xml files (up to 100mb) we are toying with storing HTML data within cdata
tags (opinions on this are welcome too).

I am trying to test for either of the following XML types.

1.
<asset id="12">
        <element_title>Test Page Title</element_title>
        <element_content>
        </element_content>
</asset>

2.
<asset id="12">
        <element_title>Test Page Title</element_title>
        <element_content>
                        <![CDATA[
                        ]]>
        </element_content>
</asset>

Is it possible to test for the presence of a cdata section in a xsl:choose ?

Thanks in advance.

Todd