xsl-list

RE: Please help. fixing whitespace problem. total xsl Newbie

2004-03-08 02:42:15

Well your problem here is that the carriage returns you want to keep are
in an attribute - which gets normalized by the xml parser, so it doesn't
matter whether you use wd-xsl or xslt - you won't keep your cr's.

In this case the xml source and the stylesheet are really bad Im sorry
to say, so it wont be much fun maintaining them :(

Andrew

Ok.. then  If rewriting the page is the best thing - then I
can.. Any pointers on places to look to start?  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
J.Pietschmann
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 12:50 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Please help. fixing whitespace problem.
total xsl Newbie

Stacey Levine wrote:
I actually did not write this site. It has just ended up
with having
fix
it.
Tough.

 Are you saying that there is now way to fix my problem without
rewriting the entire thing?
Not necessarily. It means, however, that you wont find much
help here. Or anywhere else, for that matter. There may still
some specific boards active, googling for WD-XSL might help
to find them.