xsl-list

Re: Output of a FLowchart from XML

2004-03-06 08:02:52
so quickly. While challenging, I do not believe a pure SVG application
such
as you describe would be too much for XML/XSLT. On the contrary, it could
be really nice and slick. Yet as you think about how it would develop, I
do
think you will find it profitable to break out the problem into several
stages. For example, if you defined a set of "flowchart primitives", you

I agree -- although schedule may be an issue.  The transformation to the
text format for input into the flowcharting app would probably be similar to
the task of transforming to the "flowchart primitives".  I may go with the
flowcharting app solution for the first deadline, then perhaps switch to a
pure SVG approach.

haven't already, you should Google for XML, flowcharts, SVG, XSLT. And if
we're lucky we'll hear more ... watch this space.

Done a fair amount of looking around, but more focused on flowcharting apps
that accept text as an input.  Next week I'll do more specific searches in
support of a pure SVG approach.  And I'll look for replies to this post of
course!

Cheers,

...sam