xsl-list

template matching everywhere

2004-03-04 16:06:56
Hi,

I would like to write a template that match a particular element but this element could be located anywhere, my xml file may look like :

<ROOT>
   <NODE>
      maybe some text here
      <TOBEMATCHED>    </TOBEMATCHED>
      maybe some text here
   </NODE>
   <NODE>
      <SUBNODE>
          maybe some text here
          <TOBEMATCHED>   </TOBEMATCHED>
          maybe some text here
      </SUBNODE>
      <SUBNODE>
          <SUBSUBNODE>
               maybe some text here
              <TOBEMATCHED>   </TOBEMATCHED>
              maybe some text here
</SUBSUBNODE> </SUBNODE> </NODE>
</ROOT>

I would like to write a template that allow me to automatically translate the TOBEMATCHED element while processing his parent. For example suppose you have to proceed an HTML document and you want to replace each <b> tag with an <em> tag and did other work on other it may help you understand what I want to do.

I hope some one could help me

THX
JF