xsl-list

RE: stylesheet to create wml cards

2004-03-03 07:08:38
Hi,

I have a stylesheet that converts xml to  wml but I'm not
sure how to split
the wml up into cards.  The output needs to be displayed on a
simulator and
so I dont want the user to have to scroll through hundreds of
lines of text
on the one screen, it would be more usable to split it up into cards,
perhaps displaying about 10 lines of text on each card.

Is it possible to do this using a stylesheet?

Go through the text word by word, counting how many words will fit into one
line (you know the maximum number of characters per line) and create a new card
when ever you've output 10 lines. Recursive template to tokenize the text and
count the lines, and some string manipulation functions, shouldn't be too
difficult.

Cheers,

Jarno - God Module: Lunacy