xsl-list

RE: date grouping/sorting problem

2004-03-01 23:42:56
Hi,

I am trying to group and sort some xml by dates,
especially by year, month and then day. It appears
that I need to use keys and a sorting method to do
this, but I am having trouble grokking it. Can someone
lend some help?

Here is a sample xml file that I am trying to group
and sort. I appreciate any help that can be given!

If sorting is the only thing you're after, you don't need keys, just

  <xsl:sort select="translate(substring-before(xcal:dtstart, ' '), '-', '')"/>

If you're after something more complex, you need to give more details.

Cheers,

Jarno - Chris C: The Zurich Mix