xsl-list

RE: xmlns="" ??

2004-04-30 04:19:47
The xmlns="" undeclaration is being output because you have generated the
namespace. Change your stylesheet code so that all elements are generated in
the XHTML namespace. If you use literal result elements to produce them, the
easiest way to achieve this is to declare the XHTML namespace at the top
level of your stylesheet.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Maloney [mailto:ArthurM(_at_)seipas(_dot_)com]
Sent: 30 April 2004 09:32
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] xmlns="" ??

Hello xsl-list,

  I'm using MSXML SP2 to transform Why is xlms="" appearing
in meta & table

W3C XHTML 1.0 standard:- Root element must be "html" &
contain namespace as below:

My code:
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>

xml:lang="en" lang="en">

Output is
charset=iso-8859-1" xmlns=""></meta>

W3C can't validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict!
because it does not recognize - xmlns="" -
Not part of the standard

If I omit html namespace transformation works. But html
element does not
conform.

Is it just MS non standards based output ?

Is there a work around so html element can
conform to stand W3C standard

I have got it all wrong ?

--
Best regards,
 Arthur                          mailto:ArthurM(_at_)seipas(_dot_)com