xsl-list

RE: Add attribute to all node

2004-04-29 14:50:33
Michael Kay wrote:
It should add the attribute to every element, but you're
relying on a very
obscure features of the spec. (Which processor are you
using? Some are
better than others at implementing obscure features correctly.)

match="//*" ... has a higher
default priority than match="*"

That is, 0.5 vs. -0.5. (I think.) I can see default
priorities being an
obscure feature to users, but am kind of surprised they are
obscure to
implementors. ;-}

Well, for at least a year Saxon stripped off any leading "//" from a pattern
as noise before computing the default priority. Some things lurk so quietly
in the spec they take a while to be discovered. Thanks to this list, the
quirk is now well known, but there are implementors who aren't seen very
often on this list.

Michael Kay