xsl-list

RE: XSL Problem

2004-04-28 08:40:56
There isn't possible to have border with empty cell? hi

In XML, you really only have a non-existent node, a node that contains no
value, or a node that has some value(including whitespace).  So the idea of
a db NULL on an attribute, would probably be mapped in your case as Year="".
In this case you would do the following:

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="@Year = ''"> </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select = '@Year'/></xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

The   will make the cell so it is not empty, therefore you will get the
border.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Racca [mailto:racca(_at_)libero(_dot_)it]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:13 AM
To: xsl-list
Subject: [xsl] XSL Problem

In xsl, I have a sql query in a xml template. I view the results with a xsl
file in html.
I like to use the next lines to test if the sql field named 'Year' was NULL
I like to view a empty cell on my table. If not I like to see the value of
the field:

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="@Year = NULL">Empty</xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select = '@Year'/></xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

What is the correct syntax to test 'NULL' value?

It's possible to force the border of my cell if the body is Empty?
Thank's a lot

andrea

--+--