xsl-list

Parser Used by XALAN XSLT

2004-04-27 06:04:48
Hi,
Can any body tell me which Parser XALAN uses?
Whether it is the DOM Parser or SAX Parser.

Best Regards,
Rakesh Bajpai
----- Original Message -----
From: "Zaneta Au" <zaneta(_dot_)au(_at_)kcl(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting in Ancient Greek

Thank you for your reply David. We had thought of using translate, but as
there is a 'lang' attribute we were wondering how it can be used. Could
anyone tell us? Thanks

Zaneta

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:37:44 +0100
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
From: David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

sort order is processor specific, but there is a processor independent
way to achieve

   the behaviour we would like is for the
   various different unaccented and accented alphas to be treated as
   equivalent for sorting purposes.

just translate them all to be the same in the xsl:sort

for example

<xsl:sort select="translate(.,
'&#x3AC;&#x3B1;'
'&#x3B1;&#x3B1;'
)"/>

will sort alpha with and without tonos accent as equal.
You just need to extend the two lists of characters...

David