xsl-list

RE: Sorting in Ancient Greek

2004-04-27 05:10:44
I believe utf-8 should work fine[1]  and you just need
appropriate fonts
[2]. I'm not sure whether ISO-8859-7 supports ancient polytonic greek.

I think the question was about language codes, not character encodings.

Michael Kay

[1] http://www.stoa.org/unicode/
[2]
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/gr
eek.html#polytonic

hth,

Manos

Michael Kay wrote:

Thank you for your reply David. We had thought of using
translate, but as
there is a 'lang' attribute we were wondering how it can be
used. Could
anyone tell us? Thanks

You can set it to the ISO language code for ancient Greek
provided that (a)
such a language code exists, and (b) your XSLT processor
supports it. I
suspect that neither of these conditions is true, unfortunately.

Michael Kay

--+--

--
Manos Batsis

http://www.netsmart.gr
mailto:mbatsisSPAM_TRAP(_at_)netsmart(_dot_)gr
tel:+302103240940
http://forte.netsmart.gr/foaf/manos_foaf.rdf