xsl-list

Re: xsl:value-of problem

2004-04-27 02:57:23
Hi Sam,

I have a template that has a param that denotes an element name.
[snip]
              <xsl:value-of select="ROOT/msg/data [ @id =$pid ]/$name" />
[snip]
I have to access the value of the element in a <xsl:value-of> as
above. How do I do it?

Select all the elements that are children of the relevant <data>
element and then filter them to select only those whose name is the
same as that given by the $name parameter:

  <xsl:value-of select="ROOT/msg/data[(_at_)id = $pid]
                                  /*[name() = $name]" />

You might have to be careful about namespaces if you're using them...

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison