xsl-list

RE: Use of ampersands in name value pairs of a url

2004-04-23 02:58:09

This is a faq,

Use & amp; in the stylesheet _without_ using d-o-e.
You can't use d-o-e in attribute values, but if you could,
you'd get an unescaped & in the src attribute which would
mean that you had non-well formed xML (if you are generating
xhtml) and invalid html if you are generating html.

I think you've misunderstood my question here David, I'm well aware of
well-formedness issues :)

The problem is with the query string of the url (the bit after the ?).
Afaik, name-value pairs need to separated ampersands, such as:

?one=value1&two=value2&three=value3

I know that url escaping allows for %26 to be used instead of ampersands
- but apparently not for the separator, this needs to be an actual
ampersand.

What is the usual technique to create the query string in xsl?