xsl-list

RE: xhtml -> docbook

2004-04-22 02:14:32
    I want to convert xhtml document to docbook format.
    Does exist in the net a xsl? I think this is a way to
    transform, isn't it? Is xsltproc better then the Javatools?

There was a stylesheet on the docbook wiki, but some vandals
are regularly hacking it. It may or may not be there.
  There is a backup site,
http://web.archive.org/web/20030610152529/docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Html2Doc
Book
  If you post to the docbook-apps list on the oasis site,
you may find more help.

Look out for sup sub, id values on H2 H3.
Couple of other minor items,
Nested tables need stripping
but it does 90% of the transform.

xsltproc, saxon or xalan will all do the job.

HTH DaveP.

-
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.