xsl-list

Re: Xalan Uses which Parser

2004-04-20 05:37:22

If you let Xalan-J do the parsing (passing it a StreamSource), in most
situations it will default to invoking Xerces as a SAX parser. I think we
actually request the parser thru JAXP, so you can override that to use
another JAXP-compatable SAX parser.

If you pass us a SAXSource, of course, we read from whatever that source
happens to be; that gives you another way to plug in a different parser (or
a non-paser SAX stream). If you pass us a DOMSource, we read from that DOM.

I believe similar answers apply to Xalan-C, but it's been a long time since
I looked at that code.

BTW, you can generally get better answers for Xalan-specific questions by
asking on Apache's own Xalan mailing lists,

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk