xsl-list

RE: Parameters in localized messages

2004-04-20 04:51:47
want to replace the <param/> elements with the current value,
using an
xslt stylesheet, similar to:

<xsl:call-template name="getString">
   <with-param name="id" select="msgContact"/>
   <with-param name="name" select="{$name}"/>
</xsl:call-template>

The value of the select attribute must be an XPath expression.

msgContact is an XPath expression - it means child::msgContact, and selects
a child element of the context node. I think you wanted to pass a string:
select="'msgContact'".

{$name} is not an XPath expression. XPath expressions never contain an "{".
Curly braces are used only in attribute value templates, to separate an
XPath expression from surrounding text. I think you wanted to pass the value
of the variable $name: use select="$name".

Michael K\y