xsl-list

RE: how do you determine if a property exists?

2004-04-15 01:02:39

--- Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:
What is a "property"?

Sorry, got the lingo confused.

property==attribute

You seem to be testing if the string value of an
attribute is an empty string. Either like already
have, or if you want to test if the attribute
exists, then simply

  <xsl:when test="@Predecessors">

Yes, what I am wanting to do is to have an attribute
in the output document called parent_id.  This
attribute should have the value of the @Predecessors
attribute in the source document.  If the
@Predecessors attribute has the value of an empty
string, then I want parent_id="1".  Similarly, if
there is no @Predecessors attribute in the source
document, I want the parent_id attribute to be
parent_id="1".

Am currently trying your proposed solution.  thanks!

8-)

David.