xsl-list

RE: Newbie question: Incrementing the position in the tree midstream

2004-04-12 14:50:28
You might find that the technique in

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4486.html#d4429e403

works for this problem.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Durston, Andrew (AGRE)
[mailto:andrew(_dot_)durston(_at_)smiths-aerospace(_dot_)com]
Sent: 12 April 2004 19:42
To: Xsl-List (E-mail)
Subject: [xsl] Newbie question: Incrementing the position in
the tree midstream

Hi all,

Just getting started with XSL and all and had a question
about whether you can change positions in the tree midstream.
I have a set of XML outputs from a database which splits a
table into individual cells -

test-plan/object/cell N
test-plan/object/cell N+1
test-plan/object/cell N+2
test-plan/object/cell N+3

I can search to find cell N. I'd like to be able to print
cell N, cell N+1, cell N+2 ... all at once and then when XSL goes back
to searching (via a For) through the tree, it skips N+1, N+2
etc. (basically does a table row and then skips to the beginning of
the next row). Without entering another XML attribute into
our DB to indicate beginning and end of rows... How do I increment
the position, moving from object/cell N to object/cell N+1 midstream?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Andrew C. Durston
Smiths Aerospace
Electronic Systems - Grand Rapids
616.241.8715
andrew(_dot_)durston(_at_)smiths-aerospace(_dot_)com

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail,
may contain confidential information and is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have
received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your
system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other
person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or
indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.