xsl-list

RE: First element with given attribute values

2004-04-11 10:04:02
Thanks everyone for the info!

I already had something with keys, but it was much less elegant since
the test was not node in the match part but via an xsl:if the template.

I this particular case the trimming is done on a variable (via
exsl:node-set()) so keys do not work (the keyed tree must exist at the
start of the processing, right ?).

I ended up doing :

<xsl:for-each select="exsl:node-set($expanded)/*">
<xsl:variable name="name" select="@name"/>
<xsl:variable name="version" select="@version"/>
<xsl:if test="not(preceding-sibling::*[(_at_)name = $name and @version =
$version])">

Which is much less elegant (and I suspect more processing-intensive) but
sort-of works here.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot