xsl-list

RE: Saxon & Fallback from document() error ?

2004-04-02 09:15:59
The best way of dealing with this is to write your own URIResolver, you then
have total control over what happens if files can't be found or don't
contain valid XML.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: davidpbrown [mailto:lists(_at_)davidpbrown(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 02 April 2004 13:06
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Saxon & Fallback from document() error ?

I'm looking to update files, who's name are suggested by input.xml.

However I get java FileNotFoundException if those files
suggested doesn't
already exist.
(This from using Saxon for it's XSLT 2.0.)

Is there any way around this?
Ideally I need to know that the file doesn't exist or that it's empty.

I could only find suggestions this was a problem, and talk in
2001 'Fallback
from document() error' suggesting that a solution was needed
and that the
error was optional/not required.

Regards
davidpbrown