xsl-list

RE: Escape caracters

2004-05-27 07:34:58
From: SMITH Neil [mailto:neil(_dot_)smith(_at_)unifr(_dot_)ch]

It does look like an entity reference... Even though I didn't
find the ones I have on the w3.org website... For example
'„', '“' or '"'. These values are in the
database, but when queried directly from the database and
displayed on a web page, they are displayed as 'normal'
caracters, but not in the XML document, nore after the
parsing to an HTML page. I use XMLSPY to transform XML to
HTML. Is there something that has to be specified in the
XML/HTML or XSL document to resolve the entity references?

& q u o t e ; and & a m p ; (spaces added) are built into xml (along
with three others) by its specification and are understood by all xml
parsers. Things like & # 8 2 2 2 ; (which are called "character
references") are also defined by the xml specification.  HTML also
understands them.  So there is nothing special to do.  HTML-specific
entities like & n b s p ; are specific to html and xhtml.

I've specified this in my XSL : <META
HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=UTF-8"/> This is in my XML : <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> And this is generated in
my HTML page : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><META
HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

Does anybody know what could be wrong???

What is it that you think is wrong?

Cheers,

Tom P