xsl-list

RE: Name of current XML doc...

2004-05-25 02:22:31

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 16:16, Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:
Hi,

Is possible to get hold of the path+name of the XML
document that is
currently being processed??

By passing the path and the name as a parameter, or by using an
extension.

I am using Ant's <xslt> task so I can't pass in a parameter
easily...

I've always though using the param element was fairly easy, what
exactly is the problem you have with it?

That <xslt> is given a huge fileset in a big directory
structure (>500 files)
and parameters can only be passed 'per call' (AFAIK), which
means I would
need 500 <xslt> invocations.

So you are basically saying I am out of luck... (Extensions
are not in
question).

Then I will see if it is possible to extract the information
through some
other means (there is a generated aggregated navigation.xml for each
directory, which may contain the info needed, or be modified
to contain it).

If you are worried about your fingers couldn't you generate your ant
script using your navigation.xml?