xsl-list

Re: Setting Base URL For Resolivng xsl:include/xsl:import

2004-05-21 13:43:06
Jeni Tennison wrote:

Hi Eliot,

1. Was my expectation justified or have I misunderstood how URL
resolution works generally or in XSLT or in Saxon?

It should work in the way you expect, from what you've described.

Good to know. This suggests that it must be my error (it's my code that rewrites the original filesystem-based URLs to repository-specific URLs so it's possible I'm committing some error there).

I have sometimes encountered problems where it looks like URLs aren't
being resolved properly and it turns out the server is rewriting (or
reinterpreting) the URLs behind the scenes. I suggest testing the XSLT
on a local filesystem (i.e. without going through the server) to
confirm that the relative URLs are correct, and then looking at the
server configuration.

Another thing that might mess things up is if you're using entities or
xml:base, both of which might change the base URI of the stylesheet
and thus the base URI against which the relative URI is resolved.

xml:base was part of my question--if I specify it in an XSLT style sheet, should I expect it to affect resolution of relative URLs in include and import elements?

Thanks,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber