xsl-list

RE: Is it possible to get " " in output rather than the encoded character?

2004-05-19 01:26:49
Hi Patrick,

That was a typo in the email.  I did have the ';' in the code but in both
cases the "&" is passed through unchanged and therefore without any
effect on the text that follows.

Regards,

Steven

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick van Halderen [mailto:patrick(_at_)auto-interactive(_dot_)nl]
Sent: Wednesday, 19 May 2004 6:22 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Is it possible to get " " in output rather than the
encoded character?

On 19-mei-04, at 6:26, Steven Reddie wrote:
I've tried "&nbsp" but it comes out unchanged.

That is because you forgot the ; after nbsp. HTML doesn't get it this
way...

On a similar note, is there some escape mechanism such as "\&nbsp" or
"&&nbsp" (I realise those aren't valid).

Even if this would be possible, the same as above is in place here.

Regards,

Patrick