xsl-list

fo:marker - can this be used to display header on page 3 using da ta from page 2?

2004-05-18 06:41:56
All,

I am hoping to clarify what I have gathered from elsewhere with regard to
limitations of fo:marker.

I am producing a report that is broken down into classrooms, each classroom has
a number  (n) - there are a list of names under each classroom. Occasionally
the list of names runs over onto the next page of the document. I need to add
the text 'Classroom (n) Continued' at the top of the next page only if this
happens.

I added the following to the static content for all pages except the first :-

<!--Header info all other pages-->
<fo:static-content flow-name="header-rest">
        <fo:block>
                        <xsl:call-template name="HeaderInfoOtherPages"/>
        </fo:block>
        <fo:block>
<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-marker-name="class-room"  retrieve-boundary="page"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
        </fo:block>
  </fo:static-content>

Then when looping through the whole document I added a marker to pick up the
value of the classroom number. This is a simplified extract.

<!--get classroom info-->
<xsl:for-each select="Sittings/Sitting">
        <fo:block space-before="5pt" space-after="5pt" font-size="10pt">
        Classroom<xsl:value-of select="ClassRoomNumber"/>
        </fo:block>
        <fo:marker marker-class-name="class-room">
                <xsl:apply-templates select="ClassRoomNumber"/>
        </fo:marker>
</xsl:for-each>

ERRORs include:-

property 'retrieve-marker-name' ignored
fo:marker must be an initial child, and marker-class-name must be unique for
same parent

I am using (and have to use) FOP 0.20.4.

Thanks.

Brett Williams