xsl-list

RE: change stylesheet encoding

2004-05-14 15:28:18
David ; Michael,
Thanks. I am glad to see that I was wrong about some of the ideas I
had concerning stylesheet encodings compared to xml documents they
are transforming. Life is alot easier as a result.

What is wierd, is that a friend of mine tried to change the encoding
in his editor of one of my stylesheets. But it would not let him. The
editor said that the stylesheet had characters in it that violated
the encoding choice. My question comes from his experience with my
stylesheet.

Now, the solution is simple.

Mike Ferrando
Washington, DC

--- Michael Kay <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk> wrote:
To change the encoding of any XML document:

(a) use your text editor to save it in a different encoding from
the
original
(b) change the XML declaration to specify the new encoding.

You don't need to worry about numeric character references. They
refer to
Unicode codepoint values, and don't change when the encoding
changes.

Michael Kay