xsl-list

XSLT Disable-Output-Escaping Not Working

2004-05-13 09:29:13
Hi,

I'm fairly new to XLST and have come across this problem.  I have a template
that creates an image element as below:

<xsl:element name="img">
        <xsl:attribute name="src">
                <xsl:choose>
                        <xsl:when test="Content/Title/image">
                                <xsl:value-of select="Content/Title/image" />
                        </xsl:when>
                        <xsl:otherwise>
                                        <xsl:value-of select="$defaultImage"/>
                        </xsl:otherwise>
                </xsl:choose>
        </xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:attribute name="alt">
                <xsl:value-of select="MetaData/title"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:element>

When the value of MetaData/title is "This &amp; That", the &amp; is escaped
resulting in a title of "This &amp;amp; That" which the browser displays as
"This &amp; That".  Shouldn't the result be "This &amp; That" which the
browser displays as "This & That"?  I have used the disable-output-escaping
attribute in many other places and it has always worked before.

Thanks for any help.

Shelli