xsl-list

Generate Yahoo-like directory structure

2004-05-11 07:52:34
Hej folks,

I am sorry, if this has been asked before, but I did research on the FAQ and
the mailing list archive and could not find any information. It would be
nice if someone could help me or give me a link to a thread where it has
been discussed.

My target is to build a HTML based yahoo-like directory structure out of a
single XML file. The file looks somewhat like this.

<element name="Main">
  <element name="Business">
    <element name="Finance"/>
  </element>
  <element name="Computers">
    <element name="Internet"/>
    <element name="WWW">
      <element name="Chat"/>
      <element name="DNS"/>
    </element>
  </element>
  <element name="Business"/>
</element>

As a XSL param I could offer a path like "Main/Business/" that identifies
the page that should be generated. The page to be generated should contain
all subelements to the "Business" element and a list of parent elements that
can be used to generate a Navigation menue. (In this case only finance, of
course.)

This task looks so common I really wonder why I can not find anything
online. Thankx for your help in advance.

Best Regards

PHILIPP BURKERT
mailings(_at_)burkert(_dot_)de