xsl-list

xslfo for text flow in SVG

2004-05-09 07:40:34
Can I deliver XSL:FO pages on the web instead of print?

My objective is to use XSL:FO's text layout features with SVG to create a
website as SVG's text flow capabilities are limited. Even ASV6 doesn't allow
images in flow (correct me if I'm wrong).
I have also tried XHTML + SVG in the same doc via XSLT but can no longer
interact with the SVG object. Never the less, XSL:FO would provide ultimate
page layout control.

It seems a shame if XSL:FO is just for print (pdf).
And why is SVG1.2 reinventing text flow features already found in XSL:FO.

Any thoughts, solutions?

Linc