xsl-list

Tables and page breaks (implementeing a dynamic continued message)

2004-05-06 13:06:36
Hi,

I have a table that spans multiple pages, with a static header. That works fine, the header is reproduced on all pages and everything is fine. However in the table data, certain fields I encounter are required to be sub-headers (single cell rows with different background), which must be repeated if the table breaks on a page (or a column, but assume page for now). I am completely stumped on how to accomplish this in XSL-FO (w/ XSLT). Basically I need some way of knowing the page broke and recreating these sub headers before I add rows on the new page. I have tried various uses of break-after/break-before and nothing has worked (to be honest I am still confused as to what these do, some sites say they force breaks while other sites indicate they are conditions to be met for the inside code to executed, which is true?).

Of course including these rows in the table header occurred to me, however with that solution you cant have dynamic content! or can you?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
-- Julian Hunter