xsl-list

RE: Multiple Targets in XSLT through JAXP

2004-05-06 10:06:49
XSLT specifies that the destination of the result trees depends on the API.

JAXP has not yet been updated to handle XSLT 2.0 features like multiple
result trees.

Saxon allows you to nominate an OutputURIResolver that decides what to do
with result trees. One option is to save them as trees in memory, in a form
accessible to the application.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramkumar Menon [mailto:ram(_dot_)menon(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com]
Sent: 06 May 2004 15:23
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Multiple Targets in XSLT through JAXP

I am using JAXP APIs to invoke XSL Transformations.
I want my XSLT to generate multiple targets and each of the subtree
corresponding to each target subtree [  a DOM ] to be
returned, not into
separate files like xsl:result-document does, but back into multiple
target parametes or something, so that I could use them outside the
stlysheet, just as the way you can pass in multiple source parameters
into the XSLT from JAXP using setParameter() API.
1) Does JAXP support this?
2) Does XSLT allow this?
-Ramkumar