xsl-list

RE: XPath count function in JavaScript

2004-05-05 15:49:49
Hi Tomas,

Do you mean you want to use the result in JavaScript?

Then just use XSL to compute the count within some hidden HTML form, then
Javascript will have access to it when the page is loaded in the browser,
via the form object tree. Note though that this approach is browser
specific.

HTH,
<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Olsson
[mailto:Tomas(_dot_)Olsson(_dot_)2383(_at_)student(_dot_)uu(_dot_)se]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 4:44 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XPath count function in JavaScript

Hi!

I wonder if its possible to use the count function of XPath in JavaScript
instead of in XSL. I'm using MSXML.

I want to count the number of elements with the attribute fnamn="Tomas" and
return the number:

count(//*[(_at_)fnamn="Tomas"]))

Is it possible to use that expression in a function in JavaScript and return
the number or do I have to use the selectNodes() and check the number of
nodes in the nodeList?

/Tomas