xsl-list

Re: Grouping problem - Duplicates

2004-05-01 02:14:22
Hi Sarah,
  Surprisingly, I am getting the complete output with
the XML you had posted in your first mail regarding
this question. Please post the XML test case, with
which my stylesheet is not working and I will try to
correct the XSL.

I tested the XSL with Xalan, so I used Xalan's nodeset
function. Nearly every XSLT processor supports the
nodeset extension function, so it should'nt be a
problem using it.

As for now, to make the XSL product independent seems
a bit tough to me. I could'nt avoid using the nodeset
function, as I had to process the result tree
fragment(rtf's) variables.

Regards,
Mukul

--- Sarah <sarah10(_at_)GameBox(_dot_)net> wrote:
Hi Mukul,

Thanks so much for this solution. I am still trying
to understand its'
details. As I said, I am new, and your xslt is
complicated for me.
But, I have two concerns, that maybe you can help me
with. The first is
that when I run your xslt, I only get content (that
is: sales people per
area) for the first sorted area (Center). the other
two are empty, though I
would expect them to have their sales people.
The second is, that this solution is
product-dependent. By using the
xalan:nodeset function, it limits the solution to a
certain product.
Is there no other way that would be generic? (This
is for me a requirement).

Thanks again,
Sarah