xsl-list

RE: Output character references for all but one character

2004-06-22 03:28:41

    This xml:

    <node value="£">Hello&#160;World</node>

    Once transformed, looks the same:

    <node value="£">Hello&#160;World</node>

    That is, the non-breaking-space appears as a character
    reference, and the pound sign appears as the actual character.

    I've tried various combinations of output encodings, d-o-e
    and character maps, but I haven't be able to do it so far.
    How would character maps replace d-o-e on attributes here?

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/rev2/exampler.html#ch-map

Actually uses nbsp Andrew :-)

HTH DaveP

Aha! Thanks Dave, you must have come across this problem before to think of
that solution from the question I posted...?  I would never have thought about
using double-escaping, but I guess this is the perfect use for it - I've mapped
a few other characters that needed it as well:

<xsl:output-character character="&#183;" string="&amp;#183;"/>

Thanks once again, you've made my day :)