xsl-list

Converting HTML to plain text

2004-06-21 12:15:43
I am looking around for any tools to convert html to plain text in a platform
independent way. I also need support for UTF-8 encoding as well as a well
formatted output of nested tables. What is the best way to do this ? Is XSL FO
recommended for this ? I looked around for any XSL to convert HTML to FO, but I
did not find any.

The html to text tools I found on web are mostly windows based. The remaining
are not very good at converting nested tables in HTML to a properly rendered
plain text format.

I appreciate any help

-- RC