xsl-list

RE: Re: xsl:include with parameter?

2004-06-20 00:54:16
Okay, here's the deal: I have several XSL stylesheets that do
different things [obviously] but use a couple of templates that are
common to more than one stylesheet and are thus kept in separate
"include" files. The choice of additional template to be included
depends on a few other factors that have to do with the specificities
of my system, and that would take a long time to explain but probably
wouldn't add much to this discussion.

This is in fact the most common reason people ask for this facility. The
answer is to turn the stylesheet structure upside down: instead of having
stylesheet A try to conditionally include B or C, make B and C both include
(or import) A, and then invoke the transformation on B or C depending on the
circumstances.

Michael Kay