xsl-list

Re: Accents problems in "action" attribute of a <fORM> element

2004-06-18 03:58:40
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ricaud Matthieu" <matthieu(_dot_)ricaud(_at_)cned(_dot_)fr>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 11:10 AM
Subject: [xsl] Accents problems in "action" attribute of a <fORM> element

Hi !

I'd like to work in english, so that i don't have accent probems anymore !!

I'm working with MSXML parser and make the transfomation job XML+XSL==>HTML
with ASP/DOM

My XML starts with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
It contains an  <TRUC cible="ohe"> element.

While matching TRUC in an xsl template, i notice that accent problems
depends on the HTML element in which I put the XML datas.
If I do : <form action={(_at_)cible}> then I get after transformation :  <form
action="oh%C3%A9"/>
If I do exactly the same but with another attribute name (which is not HTML
but anyway...) :
<form actionABCD={(_at_)cible}> then I get after transformation :  <form
action="ohe"/>

Is there some solutions, or something I missed ?

For information :

My XSL starts with  :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

(the problem is the same without the <xsl:output> element)

My ASP page makes the tranformation using Response.write
objXML.transformNode(objXSL) (where objXML, and objXSL are the loaded files
of my xml and my xsl files)
I put :
Response.charset = "ISO-8859-1"
Response.contentType = "text/html"
at the beginning of the file but It doesn't seems to change anything.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance,

Matthieu.

Well if you are using output method of HTML (or your document element is "HTML" then URL's should be escaped as per HTML spec. I believe that URL's do not allow accented characters because they are non ASCII.

--

Joe