xsl-list

RE: Re: Saxon + xalan - error

2004-06-16 06:35:40
Hi Angeshwar,

You could first apply one XSLT to transform the xhtml from your user into
the xhtml with the DTD path replaced by a parameter's value containing the
local path which you pass in. This XSLT can be completely automatic, for
example, if you write an application that scans for example the input folder
where your users save their xhtml files, and then save them in another
folder where you expect to receive the transformed ones (this is a XSLT
approach, but you may also simply want to open the file as text and just
replace the path doing some parsing, of course).

Then with another XSLT, you simply process the xhtml against your local DTD,
using the other folder as your input.

HTH,
<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Angeshwar Deepak [mailto:angeshwar(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 2:29 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Re: Saxon + xalan - error

Hi,

Is there any way to make the changes in the xhtml (in the dtd path) via an
xsl file. i.e. the xhtml file should not be opened and edited by the user,
it should be done automatically by a xsl file. something like a copy paste
everything but change the

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0  Transitional//EN"

part alone with a reference to the dtd in the local harddisk....

what id the <!DOCTYPE......etc etc
with respect to xsl. Is it a node or??????or to acsess the xhtml and make
changes via xsl.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.

--- Angeshwar Deepak <angeshwar(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the mail.
However I should not access the XHTML. i.e. I cannot open the file and
edit something. There is 1 xml file in my project (an xml report from
findbugs tool).
There are 3 xsl files which generate 3 html files seperately and of
the 3 html files i am converting 1 html to xhtml for furthering
accessing with another xsl file, i extract something from this xhtml
and creatte a final report which has user defined links to other 2
html files..

all these take place in an ant buildd file. so i cannot open the xhtml
and make changes. i.e.
everything takes place in 1 sigle step. so is there any way to access
the xhtml via the xsl without opening the xhtml and making the dtd
changes......

any help regarding this will be great.

bye,
with regards,