xsl-list

RE: version and URI for XSLT 2.0

2004-06-07 15:39:08
It is recommended that you set version="2.0" on a stylesheet that is making
use of new 2.0 features, and leave it at "1.0" otherwise.

An XSLT 2.0 processor will handle a stylesheet that specifies "1.0" slighly
differently from one that specifies "2.0" - it will invoke backwards
compatibility mode which gives weaker type checking. However a 2.0 processor
won't prevent a stylesheet using 2.0 features just because it specifies 1.0
in the header.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Lay [mailto:blay(_at_)laysercomputing(_dot_)com]
Sent: 07 June 2004 19:33
To: xsl-list
Subject: [xsl] version and URI for XSLT 2.0

I am in the process of converting my stylesheets over to XSLT
2.0 using
Saxon to process them.  I noticed that although I neglected to update
the stylesheet element attributes it still works with the new 2.0
features.  That is, it still looks like:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
</xsl:stylesheet>

What should version= and xmlns:xsl= be set to?

Thanks,
Barry