xsl-list

Re: Text markup for web forums, eg. [b]bold text[/b]

2004-06-01 02:40:18
In rethinking through this and then testing it it occured to me that this solution creates some issues with output escaping. Ive got to attend to some other things this morning but will take a look at this again later.

Best regards,

<M:D/>

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. David Peterson" <m(_dot_)david(_at_)mdptws(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 2:47 AM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Text markup for web forums, eg. [b]bold text[/b]

Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the ones that get overlooked. Although you would obviously have to process this further for tags like [QUOTE] and [email]. But once the conversion to XML has taken place thats obviously not an issue.

Give me a sec to update the code and Ill repost a much more elegant solution.

Thanks George!