xsl-list

RE: Name of files being processed

2004-07-29 05:54:24

The form document('relative.uri', node) allows you to select a document
relative to the base URI of a node in the source document, without actually
knowing the base URI.

In 2.0 you can obtain the base URI of any node using the base-uri()
function.

But in 1.0 the only way to get it is to pass it in as a parameter.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: xptm [mailto:xptm(_at_)sapo(_dot_)pt]
Sent: 29 July 2004 13:17
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Name of files being processed

Hi:

I'm making a transformation from Java like this:

      BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(new
FileInputStream("INPUT.xml")));
      PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(new
FileOutputStream("OUTPUT.xml"));
      try {
        TransformerFactory xformFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
        Source xsl = new StreamSource("Testes12.xsl");
        Transformer stylesheet = xformFactory.newTransformer(xsl);
        Source request = new StreamSource(br);
        Result response = new StreamResult(out);
        stylesheet.transform(request, response);

in other words, i'm transforming the file named INPUT into the file
named OUTPUT. This names can, of course, be variable.

How can i, inside my XSLT, know the names of the files been
processed? I
want to know this because i want to use document() with a file name
related with the one been processed.

In my Java example maybe i can just use

          stylesheet.setParameter("inputfilename", ...);

but that's not a ideal solution for me.

Thxs.